[identity profile] queenelectric.livejournal.com posting in [community profile] craftgrrl
I finally got some pictures of my finishedQuilt of Doom!

Here is the whole thing. The squares diamonds are jungle print cotton/poly blend and purple crushed velvet. The side edges are turquoise cotton velvet (such a pain in the ass to work with, so disintegrate-y!) and the top and bottom edges are purple cotton/poly blend with shiny gold swirls.


The underside is super soft turquoise microfleece- so warm and snuggly! This pic also shows what I did at the top. I was going to sew it into a simple crown shape, but the sewing machine was giving me a panic attack, so instead I left it plain and then sewed these gathers in to make it a little more interesting.


You can't see it (obviously) but the filling is a double layer of polyester batting, so combined with the fleece it is crazy warm and cozy and perfect for my little girl! Plus it impressed the hell out of all my horrible relations and in-laws.

Profile

Where crafty people unite

October 2012

S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 4th, 2026 09:20 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios